DrQuigs Geological Hazards Consulting has global expertise in the analysis of geological hazards including fault rupture, strong ground shaking, liquefaction, rockfalls, and landslides. We are one of the world’s leading university-based research providers in seismic source characterization and seismic hazard, as evidenced from our research publications. We have extensive experience in the communication of complex science to stake-holders and government. We also review technical scientific reports in earthquake hazards, seismic hazard analysis, engineering geology and geotechnics.
Please contact Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss rates and services.
RECENT CONSULTING PROJECTS COMPLETED
1. Seismic hazard and geotechnical characterization of the Mount Bold Reservoir (South Australia) including the Willunga Fault
Work: Authorship of 5 technical reports (1.2) Geomorphological mapping and analysis,(1.3) Geologic mapping, (1.5) Historical seismicity data obtention and analysis, (1.10) Hand augering, (1.11) Fault trenching. Conducted new research on the Willunga Fault for the purposes of characterising seismic hazard to critical infrastructure posed by strong shaking and surface rupture.
Client: GHD Engineering and SA Water. Completed: July 2017.
2. Review of Geology and Geomorphology of Urban Christchurch and Eastern Canterbury maps and supporting text.
Client: Tonkin & Taylor. Completed: Sept 2016.
3. Geologic, Geotechnical, And Seismologic Context And Displacements Of Land And Buildings At Selected Sites Of Christchurch City Council Owned Reinforced Concrete Structures Damaged During The 2010-2011 Canterbury Earthquake
Work: Authorship of 8 technical reports (available here).
Client: Christchurch City Council. Completed: Nov 2015.
4. Neotectonics and seismic risk in the Mt Bold region: Preliminary results and plans for future investigations
Work: Technical reports on active faulting on the Willunga Fault in South Australia’s Mt Lofty Ranges.
Client: Coffey. Completed: September 2007.
5. Mount Lofty Ranges Active Faults
Work: Co-authorship of technical report on active faults in South Australia’s Mt Lofty Ranges.
Client: URS. Completed: June 2007.